Title: Internal Medicine – Endocrinology: Calcium Metabolism; Thyroid Cases Studies, Part I and Part II
Faculty: Frederick Sunderlin, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2017 Expiration Date: July 1, 2020
TOPIC 1: Disorders of Calcium Metabolism
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of hypercalcemia.
- Apply a cost-effective workup to elevated calcium states.
- Evaluate Vitamin D treatment options using evidence-based data.
TOPIC 2 & 3: Thyroid Case Studies, Part I & II
Upon completion of these sessions, the participant should be able to: GL, EBM, COMP
- Review the etiologies and pathogenesis of hyper- and hypothyroidism.
- Apply cost effective principles in the laboratory evaluation of thyroid conditions.
- Design effective treatment protocols for various thyroid conditions based on management Guidelines of the ATA and AACE.