Expiration Date: July 1, 2019
Title: Hospital Medicine – Pulmonary: Pneumonia; Asthma; Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Faculty: Ganesan Murali, M.D. and Arshad A. Wani, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2016 Review Date: July 1, 2017 Expiration Date: July 1, 2019
TOPIC 1: Pneumonia.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
- Differentiate the presentation of various cases of pneumonia and management.
- Distinguish the different pathogens that cause pneumonia.
- Apply evidence-based recommendations for prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia.
- Plan the approach to health care associated pneumonia.
TOPIC 2: Bronchial Asthma: An Update.
Upon the completion of this session using the NAEPP Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Appraise the pathophysiology of this inflammatory disease.
- Develop a stepwise approach to treatment of asthma and management of status asthmaticus.
- Differentiate the patient who is not responding and specify indications for subspecialty referral.
TOPIC 3: COPD – Overview of Patient Management.
Upon the completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Appraise the definition and integrate the pathophysiology of COPD.
- Assess the clinical management of various issues regarding COPD.
- Treat acute exacerbations and outpatient management including long-term oxygen and pharmacologic treatment based on ATS/ACCP Guidelines.
- Evaluate the need of referral for surgical and newer treatments for emphysema.
- The receipt for any incentive-associated purchase will designate the value of the gift card separately from the cost of the learning activity.
- This incentive may have implications on your tax reporting obligations. Any reimbursed amount must be declared as personal income for tax purposes.