Title: Internal Medicine – Dermatology: Common Tumors; Malignant Melanoma; Foot Ulcers
Faculty: Jeffrey Miller, M.D., M.B.A., O. Fred Miller, III, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2018 Expiration Date: July 1, 2021
TOPIC 1: Common Tumors in the Office Setting.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Formulate treatment algorithms for common epidermal tumors as analyzed in Cochrane Systematic Reviews.
- Develop treatment algorithms for common vascular tumors.
- Distinguish skin findings and develop treatment algorithms for common subcutaneous tumors to diagnose common epidermal tumors.
TOPIC 2: Malignant Melanomas: Nevi, Dysplastic Nevi.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP, GL
- Appraise “dysplastic nevi” and describe the relationship between dysplastic nevi and melanomas.
- Develop an approach to examination, testing and follow up of families with dysplastic nevi and melanomas as per the 2013 NCCN guidelines.
- Recommend to patients the methods of photoprotection and the relationship of the sun to melanomas as per the 2014 NCCN guidelines for patients.
TOPIC 3: Pathophysiology and Treatment of Diabetic Ischemic and Neuropathic Foot Ulcers.
Upon completion of this session, using the Wound and Regeneration Guidelines for the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers (2006), the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Distinguish between ischemic and neuropathic etiologies of diabetic foot ulcers.
- Treat neuropathic ulcers successfully with debridement and weight-off loading.
- Recommend selected footwear in the patient with neuropathy