Title: Family Medicine – Health Maintenance: Improving Compliance; Health Maintenance and Exercise; The Sun and The Skin
Faculty: Kevin S. Ferentz, M.D., John W. Pendleton, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.R., Jeffrey Miller, M.D., M.B.A.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2018 Expiration Date: July 1, 2021
TOPIC 1: Improving Compliance.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP ^
- Use techniques that can better detect non-compliance in their patients.
- Apply techniques that can be used to increase compliance in their patients.
TOPIC 2: Health Maintenance and Exercise for the Older Patient.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Apply evidence-based cancer screening recommendations from the United States Preventive Task Force and the American Geriatric Society to the older patient.
- Prescribe recommended vaccinations for the older patient based on the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the CDC.
- Assess the risks of an exercise program and how to minimize them.
- Specify the components of an exercise program.
TOPIC 3: The Sun and the Skin: Photoaging, Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer, Photodermatosis and Sunscreens.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Assess clinical signs that distinguish non-melanoma skin cancers and precancerous lesions.
- Determine appropriate sun protective measures for patients.
- Design treatment algorithms for common skin cancers, to include the AAD recommendations for African Americans.
- Recommend proper sunscreen application behavior to decrease rate of development of actinic keratosis.