Title: Internal Medicine – Cases: Rheumatology Cases; Dermatology Cases; Critical Care Cases
Faculty: Jeffrey Miller, M.D., M.B.A, William T. Ayoub, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.R., Arshad A. Wani, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019 Expiration Date: July 1, 2022
TOPIC 1: Case Studies.
Upon completion of these sessions, the participant should be able to:
- Apply the concepts presented in the Rheumatology section of this conference to effectively deal with cases presentations
- Identify several less common causes of musculoskeletal symptoms and signs.
TOPIC 2: Evidence-Based Case Studies in Dermatology.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
- Formulate evidence-based treatment for photo-damaged skin.
- Formulate evidence-based treatment for common skin diseases, such as: molluscum contagiosum and pityriasis rosea.
- Assess the one side effect of isotretinoin therapy that predicts higher risk for future hyperlipidemia.
TOPIC 3: Critical Care Cases for Review.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Detect acute liver failure (ALF) and develop appropriate plans for management of ALF and acetaminophen OD.
- Detect pulmonary edema in the ICU and formulate a plan for the management of ARDS.
- Integrate the management of a patient with cardiac arrest based on AHA-ACLS Guidelines with consideration for therapeutic hypothermia and develop a brain death protocol.