Title: Hospital Medicine – Rheumatology: Vasculitis; Lyme Disease; Lupus
Faculty: William T. Ayoub, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.R., Lawrence H. Brent, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019 Expiration Date: July 1, 2022
TOPIC 1: Vasculitis.
Upon completion of these sessions, the participant should be able to:
- List the various types of vasculitis as defined by the Chapel Hill consensus conference.
- Identify the clinical and diagnostic criteria of giant cell arteritis.
TOPIC 2: Lyme disease and Other Topics in Rheumatology.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Apply CDC and Infectious Diseases Society of America Guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of Lyme disease.
- Evaluate skin rashes as manifestations of systemic diseases.
- Using the Guidelines of the Bone Research Society of the United Kingdom to prescribe appropriate therapy for patients with Paget’s disease of the Bone.
TOPIC 3: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, EBM, COMP
- Describe the varied clinical presentations and manifestations in the course of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Order and interpret laboratory testing used in the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus in accordance with ACR Guidelines.
- Monitor and employ treatment options for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus according to EULAR recommendations and evidence-based results from clinical studies.
- The receipt for any incentive-associated purchase will designate the value of the gift card separately from the cost of the learning activity.
- This incentive may have implications on your tax reporting obligations. Any reimbursed amount must be declared as personal income for tax purposes.