Title: Family Medicine – Common Issues & Cases: Thyroid Case Studies; Dermatology Cases; Diabetic Cases
Faculty: O. Fred Miller, III, M.D.; Merri Lou Pendergrass, M.D., Ph.D. and Stephen J. Winters, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019 Expiration Date: July 1, 2022
TOPIC 1: Thyroid Case Studies.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP
- Appreciate the role of a diagnostic thyroid scan or ultrasound.
- Evaluate a patient for hyperthyroidism.
- Prescribe therapeutic options for patients diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
TOPIC 2: “Cases That Have Taught Me a Lesson.”
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP^
- Detect skin changes that point to specific and varied cutaneous disorders encountered in the office.
- Appraise and recommend therapy for perioral dermatitis.
TOPIC 3: Diabetes/Endocrine Cases.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Appraise key issues and develop a treatment plan, employing the ADA and ATA Guidelines, for challenging diabetes and endocrine cases.
- The receipt for any incentive-associated purchase will designate the value of the gift card separately from the cost of the learning activity.
- This incentive may have implications on your tax reporting obligations. Any reimbursed amount must be declared as personal income for tax purposes.