Title: Internal Medicine- Radiology: Incidentalomas: Dealing With Unexpected Abnorma; Findings on Radiologic Exams; Contrast and Radiation Issues in Radiology: What a Clinician Should Know.
Course ID: IMrd
Adam R. Guttentag, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiologic Sciences, Cardiothoracic Radiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Ryan K. Lee, M.D., M.B.A.
Clinical Associate Professor of Radiology, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Magnetic Resonance Medical Director, Director of Quality, Section Chief of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, PA
Original Release Date: July 1, 2021 Expiration Date: July 1, 2024
TOPIC 1: Incidentalomas: Dealing With Unexpected Abnormal Findings on Radiologic Exams.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, COMP
- Apply an evidence-based approach to determine the need for further evaluation of abnormalities found incidentally on imaging tests.
- Distinguish cystic renal masses that need imaging follow up from those that do not.
- Select appropriate further imaging when needed for small adrenal masses.
TOPIC 2: Contrast and Radiation Issues in Radiology: What a Clinician Should Know.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: EBM, GL, COMP
- Utilize evidence based guidelines to appropriately order intravenous contrast for CT scans for patients with impaired renal function.
- Apply evidence based guidelines to decide whether it is safe to order intravenous contrast for MRI examinations.
- Describe factors leading to increased radiation exposure to patients from medical imaging.
- Select appropriate tests to order so as to minimize patient radiation dose without sacrificing diagnostic accuracy.
TOPIC 3: Ultrasound Basics.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP EBM GL
- Discuss commonly used terms in ultrasound.
- Determine in which clinical settings, based on the SRU Consensus Statement, ultrasound is the most appropriate study to order.
- Recognize US findings for common diseases/diagnoses.
- The receipt for any incentive-associated purchase will designate the value of the gift card separately from the cost of the learning activity.
- This incentive may have implications on your tax reporting obligations. Any reimbursed amount must be declared as personal income for tax purposes.