Title: FMfc-Family Medicine- Female Challenges : Abnormal Uterine Bleeding; Premenstrual Syndrome; Pelvic Pain.
Faculty: Albert J. Peters, D.O., F.A.C.O.G.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2021 Expiration Date: July 1, 2024
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES FOR EACH TOPIC:
TOPIC 1: Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Practice Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Define abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Differentiate between functional and organic causes.
- Manage most non-surgical etiologies of this problem.
TOPIC 2: Premenstrual Syndrome.
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Guidelines and NIH Guidelines, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Correctly diagnose patients with this disorder using NIH guidelines.
- Utilize current effective and FDA-approved therapies.
- Formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis for PMS.
TOPIC 3: Pelvic Pain.
Upon completion of this session, using ACOG Practice Guidelines, International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS) and the Cochrane Abstract Database, the participant should be able to: EBM,GL, COMP
- Assess the patient with acute or chronic pain.
- Identify the differential diagnosis and choose appropriate management options for the patient.
- Differentiate patients who require immediate attention to their pelvic pain versus the chronic pain patient.