Title: Family Medicine – Medical Marijuana: Prescribing Medical Marijuana; Qualifying Conditions Part 1 and Part 2
Faculty: Benjamin Kaplan, M.D., MPH, FACP, David E. Riley, M.D.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2019 Expiration Date: July 1, 2022
TOPIC 1: Prescribing Medical Marijuana (dosing, strains and delivery systems).
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP
- Review and solidify understanding of cannabis pharmacology
- Differentiate between strains and routes of delivery for medical marijuana therapy
- Understand and recommend dosing regiments for medical marijuana
- Discuss dosing for short-term and long-term health benefits of medical marijuana
- Discuss the controversies and side-effects of medical marijuana use.
TOPIC 2: Understanding the Qualifying Conditions -Part 1.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to:COMP
- Describe traits of conditions that have qualified for government approval
- Analyze clinical issues favoring use of medical marijuana in qualifying conditions
- Contrast clinical risks of medical marijuana use
TOPIC 3: Understanding the Qualifying Conditions -Part 2.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP, EBM
- Identify qualifying conditions in specific medical specialties
- Critically evaluate evidence-based research findings for specific qualifying conditions
- Plan for the multi-disciplinary nature of a medical marijuana practice